I have been wanting to take photos of this dress for the last few days but it's been to hot outside. I don't know about you but in Valencia, it's been around 35º and almost 40º during some days. And there are some fires outside the city: the sky is grey and orange and it's raining ashes (which does not show on the pictures obviously, just another sunny day):
I made this dress last week and it's been on my mannequin since I have sewn the last button. The pattern is the Ceylon dress from Colette Patterns. I have been in love with it since the first time I saw it. I love the 1940's style of the dress, the way it buttons up all the way, the flattering shape and the cute sleeves.
I was afraid it would be difficult because there are many patterns pieces, but it was actually pretty straigh forward. The booklet explains every step very well and with detailled drawings.
The light is too bright to see many details, sorry! But I love the front yoke and all the buttons. There are 16 of them and I was very happy to have a one step button hole program on my sewing machine.
I used the same fabric that for the two Cambie dresses I made. I loved it so much I have been stalking it at my fabric shop. Everytime I found a retail piece, I took it home with me. It's a very light cotton-linen mix, great for those hot days we have here. The only cons is the linen part of it which tends to wrinkle quite easily.
I am very happy about the pattern, it's the first one from Colette that I am doing and I have to say I was apprehensive as I read that the sizing doesn't usually come perfectly. Well, I was happily surprised as I didn't change anything, I just made a Small Bust Adjustment and went one size smaller based on the finished measurements.
I am now waiting with some impatience to begin my next Colette pattern, the Chantilly dress. But first, a cherry dress from Burda June issue...